Selland's Market. Best Neighborhood Eatery!


One of our new favorite spots and just a 10 minute walk from home.

Megan and I shared a dinner plate of Roasted Succulent Pork, Macaroni and cheese (creamy, melt in your mouth goodness with just a bit of crunch to top it off). She did not share the delicately sauteed brussel sprouts that were sauteed with Bacon and onion. Good more for me. We capped the dinner off with THE MOST AMAZING PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BARS TOPPED WITH GANACHE. Oh my. The bar had a chocolate cookie crust, a good 1/2 inch of a creamy peanut butter center and then topped with semi sweet ganache.This is a dessert to be savored. The more you chewed each small chocolaty, peanut butter bite the better the bar became. Now I must have to figure out how to make these most delicious morsels for they will be the Valentine's treats for my sweeties this year.

Selland's has an excellent Homemade Menu. A vast variety ranging from Sandwiches, Salads, Pizza's, & make your own dinner plates that could include, if you wish some of the following: Meatloaf, Roasted pork, Mash Potatoes, Roasted Lemon Chicken, with delectable sides etc.. You must check out the bakery for it's own impressiveness. Oh and the wine cellar. Very nice choices at reasonable prices. All the prices were reasonable for the fantastic quality of food. Our plate with dessert and chocolate milk for the kiddo was under $15.

We were celebrating my exceptionally good day in the field and Megan for becoming an actor in "The Fairytale Town Troupers Co." here in Sacramento. Her first company!

If your in town, Selland's Market is a must. Nestled in the neighborhood on H& 53rd . It will become a favorite.

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
i love sellands...can't wiat to go again. i like the atmosphere too

i'm making sliders this morning.
buffalodick said…
Funny how the good places are when you least expect them...
deb said…
Dog: No photos that's why I linked it. I feel funny going in with my camera. When I do a take out from there I promise to photograph the food. I am a visual person too. You all have to take my word on this one. ;)
deb said…
ok.... this an exact duplicate of the most amazing peanut butter squares. I am getting my hands on the ingredient deck and then oh boy IT IS ON!
deb said…
T.K. the best part of blogging food is inspiring others. what a compliment. I WUV YOU
Dining Alone said…
Congrats to Megan and your stomach for getting to eat that fabulous food!! ;)
Tanya Kristine said…
my stomach's growling. i had the grosses lunch. i'll check out that youtube video when i get home...these F8cks don't let us access youtube. like they want us to WORK all damnday or seomthing.

Popular Posts