and what a year it's been or decade for that matter

last years post.

Since that post a YEAR ago. Oh my gosh. What a crazy roller coaster of a year. First, I must honor my Megan's resilience. In so many ways, she is the person who inspires me most to be the best I can be. Through all the grown up family issues she maintains her amazing personality and is a smashing young lady! In addition: maintaining a 4.0 and determination to excel her education by applying and going to St. Francis High school this year. Oh wow, as I write this it hits me again...she is entering high school in just 9 months!What happened?

Being MY best comes hard at times in my life. I've had the opportunity to be a bit of a "step mom" to two beautiful boys and I have loved a man the longest I ever have. With that, I also have experienced some of the deepest heartbreaks of that dissolution this last year. Not because of the relationship that has passed but because of the expectations I had of that relationship. It took me 9 months of 2009 to work on getting just some of my "sea legs" back to life. I was becoming a hermit. But as Capricorns are known to do (they are stubborn & love to win), I took back my life. I am doing things that I've always wanted to do and will continue to do so. The biggest accomplishment was just living my own life . I like it. A lot. I'm meditating. I mind my own business. I love people for who they are and not what I want them to be or I just don't deal with them at all. I own the remote!

I've taken a territory with my job and built it from 0 $ a month, to today being the highest month ever. Ending 2009 at $27K + . I have overcome the obstacles of fear, regret and pain. I have lost 20 lbs and am training for a marathon this May and now can run 2.5 miles (in two weeks) without stopping (and I hated running). I let go of freaking out. Life is going to happen to me good or bad whether I like it or not.

I'm having the most fun with friends than I ever had (love you Tanya).I have 3 men interested in me and while it's flattering (but mostly annoying) that juggling act I'm pretty sure will never be me. I have one interest and for now that is more than I can handle.

I have discovered that my 30's were just part of the prime of my life. My early 40's are so surprising, as I am more confident than ever before and in every aspect of my life. I look forward to my future and regret nothing. I can say without a doubt, that once my heart is open, no one or experience ever leaves it. I'm ok and I am forever cute!
I I I I I
and want to be less of an I and more of a we.

Happy New Year.

xo xo,
me

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
that was a nice, well-written post. this is going to be OUR YEAR!!!

Popular Posts