Moroccan




I wanted to try and duplicate some of the Moroccan dishes I had a couple of weeks ago at Casablanca here in Sacramento. It was all amazing well mostly, I'm not a couscous fan. But they had this amazing warm carrot salad with cumin and a most memorable slow cooked Honey Chicken dish that was one of the most tastiest dishes my mouth has ever encountered.

Had a bit of brie with fig jam and toast while I wait impatiently for the Morrocan honey chicken to become a magic mouthful.

The carrot salad is chopped carrots that I boiled for 8 min. Drained and rinsed. The dressing was of lemon, olive oil, cumin, sweet paprika, fresh chopped garlic, fresh cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Fabulous. The cumin and lemon...WOW!

The honey chicken I first browned the boneless, skinless chicken thighs then added to the slow cooker with chicken stock, lemon rind, cinnamon sticks, garlic, sliced onion ( i first sauteed the onions for 15 min then drizzled some balsamic over and let reduce and become sweeter) sea salt and pepper. The last hour I'll add the honey and a bit of lemon juice. Just waiting. This takes about 4.5 hours.

UPDATE: I fell asleep watching re-runs of 'friends' and forgot about my chicken in the crock. Yes it turned out to be a crock of crap. So much for the magic mouthful. :( O'well, the salad & toast were yummy.

I plan on making a lot of new Mediterranean dishes while I train for a marathon over the next few months (i hopefully not burn them)and get back to blogging about my dishes. Time to get back to what I love and what soothes me and it helps I finally bought a new camera this past weekend so I can take pictures of my masterpieces and my f' ups. Happy Feb. 1 st!

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
oh BUMMER! carrot dish looks good though. how was the brie & fig spread?
deb said…
super yummy. easy too. carrot dish is my new favorite side dish
Michelle Ann said…
BUMMER IS RIGHT! I smelled it when I came over...it smelled amazing. Oh well, just have to do it again.
Big Brother said…
Casablanca is a great restaurant! The Little Bussers used to go there every once in a while when our member Delia would dance there. Great atmosphere, and I think the only place where I have ever had rabbit.

Popular Posts