Rusty


 I miss blogging. I, like many others, haven fallen into the trappings of Facebook.  And let's face it,  nothing very creative to Facebook.   I miss the creative space of blogging and feel it's a more authentic place to express my creativity without the need for likes and such.  I am Rusty.  That's OK.  So for today, I am sharing my Whole 30 chili recipe.  I started the Whole 30 journey 5 days ago with my work wife, SJ.  She had a darling little girl 6 months ago and wants to shed mommy weight.  I need to clean up my food intake and cut out sugar for awhile.  So we are supporting one another for another 25 days. 

 * all organic ingredients 

 Just Chill Chili: 

1 med size sweet potato or yam (par boiled 10 min, makes for faster saute') diced med chunks
1/2 white onion diced 
1/2 red bell pepper diced 
1/2 red jalapeno, chopped fine with seeds 
1/2 zucchini, diced 
1 lb lean ground beef 

Spices (whole 30 approved) 

chili powder 1/2 cup ( I like a lot of chili flavor)
cumin 3 tbl 
onion powder 1 tsp 
cayenne pepper 1/2 tsp 
chili flakes 1/2 tsp 
Mexican oregano 1 tsp 
pink sea salt 
1 large can of San Marzano tomatoes- whole (crushed a few and pureed the rest in the nutri bullet for 10 seconds) 

 Avocado smashed with cilantro and green onion dash of salt, cayenne, and evoo, for topping 

 Diced cherry tomato for topping 

 olive oil for skillet 

 Saute veggies on med heat in evoo and sprinkle with all the spices for 5 minutes ( I layer spices throughout the process) 
 Add beef and saute for 6 minutes sprinkle again with spices
 Add tomatoes and finish with left over spices. Taste to adjust and add more of what you like 
 Simmer on low for 30 minutes
dish up and top with avocado smash and tomatoes

Comments

Popular Posts