Winding Down

What a year. I have never been a "planner" ( I tend to be a little " Along came Polly"). This year was my year to make changes, whether I wanted to or not. I think however, I did subconsciously plan for certain changes. I knew certain things had to change, for me. Me always includes Megan. Change has been hard, no actually extremely painful. So much so I have stopped breathing at moments and some nights slept with the bible clutched to my chest to help those pangs of fear, regret & pain pass.

My plan for 09 is to make plans. I plan on putting pen to paper to make plans for Megan and me. I'm saying farewell to 08 & thanking it for all it's lessons. There have been many. I plan to be a better friend. A better listener. Less confrontational with some. More with others. Actually, I plan to embrace whatever life brings to me. I'm setting boundaries while opening new doors.

I turned 42 on Monday. This 43rd year of my life I plan to be the grown up I have always wanted to be. I'm not sure who she is altogether (though, I have a good idea)...but, I am going to have fun figuring her out. I know it's going to include cooking and some other mischief for certain. I recognize, finally, I am the editor of my own life.


Oh and by the way. I have been carded twice in two weeks AND BY WOMEN! YEY for me! Go 42!

These are the faces of happiness, hope & the future. I'm might borrow a little of what they possess.

Cassie, Sydney, Megan, & Madison New Year's Eve 2008

Happy New Year and Many More

Comments

those are good goals/resolutions and I will try and do the same - because I 'copy' like that....good luck in the new year, and make that luck happen.
buffalodick said…
I hope all goes as planned in 2009! You have had quite a year... I was a better planner when I had to be- like when the kids were growing up, and wife didn't work.. It's hard for me to plan now, because you need goals and desires, which I sadly lack, now that my kids are grown.. I hope to regain purpose soon, and your efforts this past year were a great example of a person who worked hard, and did what they had to do!
Tanya Kristine said…
this was a perfect post debby..non"planned" and from the heart. as sebastchey said...you are stronger than you think. you go girl! once a week - workout at your place...you kick my ass.

right now i'm going back to my new years day wine :)
Happy New year 2009 for you and Megan! All the Best!!!

Popular Posts