Meditation Altar


I've been practicing Meditation at night...here and there. I finally put an Altar together. I read that once you start meditating on a regular basis that you will be drawn to your altar. You can put an Alter together in anyway that appeals to you. Classic elements to have on your alter are: earth, wind, fire, water, air. I have Lemon grass incense for air. Water/bamboo, & rocks for earth and water. Candles for fire. The picture is a goddess from early Buddha. The butterfly rock represents transition, acceptance, & taking responsibility. The picture/symbol in the back (not me and Meg) is of the indigenous Hopi tribe of New Mexico. You can learn about the meaning of this picture via the link. And then of course a few sentimental items. The vase to left my great grandmother painted. The heart jewelry box from my former boss. A pretty perfume bottle that I spoiled myself with from an antique store. The peacock candle holder I found somewhere on a trip. A peacock represents the soul.

Comments

buffalodick said…
Just checking in to see if you're OK... For a California Fruitcake- I guess you are! Your Midwest Bud, The Buff...
buffalodick said…
Alter, or altar? I don't know much about either one...
deb said…
HAHAHA. That's ok I don't mind. Tanya gave me the idea. It helps too with the wacky few months Meg and I have had. :)
It's just another way to pray and I do a lot of that these days.
thanks for checking midwest freakazoid.
Tanya Kristine said…
i love it...i have an altar too but betsy utilizes it more than i...
deb said…
hahahahaha

Popular Posts