Naan Pizza for the good homework girls








Kaycee, Megan, and oh Bella the Princess.

First things first. We had a craving for ribs Sunday, so I slow roasted 1 rack of baby backs for Megan and I in the oven at 225 for 3 hours (not the quick dinner)that I first rubbed with at least 23 spices and topped them the last 15 minutes with a homemade BBQ sauce consisting of: Lingonberry jam, ketchup, cayenne, brown sugar, mustard,thyme, salt,& pepper and that was it. They were incredible!

Quick, healthy, & delicious is the way we cook around the new house. I picked up some Naan Bread this afternoon at Trader Joe's & made Pesto Pizza with Truffle Oil as a topper. Toppings: Fresh Mozzarella, Crimini mushroom, olives, sea salt, pepper, & garlic. The girls loved it. Better than any pizza you can order. I love homemade anything.

400 degree oven. 13 minutes. The naan bread makes a great crust.

Both these dishes I served with a simple crispy-cold ice burg lettuce salad.

notice my cool retro table ;)

John Arthur Drew 1/27/1932 Happy B-day Pops. I miss you so much! I hope they have great pie in Heaven since that was your favorite.

Comments

well done, and those 23 billion spiced ribs sound fall off the bone tasty...
buffalodick said…
23 spices? Who do you think you are? KFC only uses 7 in their chicken! Just kiddin' Bet they were great!
deb said…
I'm one of the "spice girls" & I'm spicy!

There is a spice called "21 gun salute" and I added two more. ;)
its 11 herbs and spices isnt it for KFC? 11 - 7 fee fi fo feaven
Tanya Kristine said…
shit. i commented and it never posted. anyway, delish food...can't wait to have a carb-fest ;)
deb said…
I was so excited to see 12 comments! Good I'm glad. You can come over for Naan Pizza thursday night if you wish. It's low in fat and calories. I did the math. scary i know. i think though tomorrow I am making hummus pizza with kalamatta olives, fresh oregano, lemon juice and some other Mediterrean goodies! mmmmmmmm
Tanya Kristine said…
you did that to me on MY blog, foo'! and i was excited too!

no. no carbs for me thank you : (
Hi Deb,

Enjoying following your blog. I am so curious to know what those mysterious 23 spices were...
I'm not big meat eater but I am tempted to go out and buy ribs for the first time in my life. Any recommendations when buying them?
Cynthia said…
Naan Pizza - you are a genius!
deb said…
bitchen kitchen: babyback ribs are really tender. My favorite for pork. Beef ribs slow roasted. I soak both in beer for a couple of hours or overnight. Then season with your favorite spices, roast, bbq etc...
Tanya Kristine said…
i eamield bitchen babe and told her not to buy ribs. YOU INSTIGATOR!
deb said…
i know i read that. brat. i know your secret!
deb said…
T.K you are a dirty little M.E. !
Tanya Kristine said…
hahaha...yes i am. but when i'm skinny...i will only be a dirty ME 5% of mytime.

Popular Posts