Happy Birthday Teen!



It's hard to believe a year has passed. It just seemed like yesterday I was decorating for last year's 12 th b-day party. It was like Christmas here last night and the wee hours this am. She could not sleep she was so excited for her day (just look at that beaming grin in the photo from this am).

Megan is a healthy, happy, gorgeous, intelligent, wonderful young lady. She is truly blessed and so am I. I could not be a prouder parent.

T.K. was there with me during the blessed event 13 years ago at 2:25 am. She actually stayed with me from the early am of 4/22/1996 when they induced labor. I'll never forget how T.K. was on my right holding my leg screaming at me "you're not doing it right!" (the pushing part that is) this coming from my friend with so much birthing experience. Meg's dad was seated in a chair because he was every color of green. Because of the epidural, I could not feel to push and was laughing at Tanya's coaching.

When Megan arrived she was laid on my stomach THAT was the first moment I realized what truly was happening in the world & she had a mound of black hair! She was whisked away from me because the umbilical cord was completely wrapped around her neck. She stayed in intensive care for 4 days. It is a strange feeling to leave the hospital without your child.

The love for your child is unlike any other love in the world. Especially when you first meet. It was simply MAGICAL. I experienced my glimpse of Heaven. She has taught me how to be a better person. A stronger person. We are having a great time sharing this world together and I am forever grateful God sent me an Angel.

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
aww...that was the best post you'veEVER written. you're so friggin blessed my friend. SO blessed. i love her too.

and you WERE doing it wrong! but she came out okay : )
deb said…
you're right i was. :)
xxoo
Cynthia said…
You are both blessed to have each other and she has such a warm and inviting smile.
buffalodick said…
An exceptional bond between mother and daughter- I am glad you value it the way you do...

Popular Posts