Butterflied Game hens in...




Coconut milk Marinade with spices. I butterflied 3 game hens that I seasoned with sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper. In the can of lite coconut milk I added fresh chopped basil. In addition, 1/4 tsp of, Turmeric, 1/2 tsp of the following spices: Cayenne, Curry powder, ginger powder, & Garlic Powder that I poured over hens in a baking dish. Marinated hens for the afternoon. Grilled on Med. until done & juicy, about 30 minutes. Um yeah, this was really tasty my friends. I was out of both cilantro & limes as this would have been part of the marinade. Still very good. Hens were Served over veggies that were sauteed in Organic, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil with red chile flakes. Veggies: Asparagus, mushrooms, onions, garlic & tomatoes (added tom. at the very end to heat ever so slightly.)Once removed, I drizzled veggies with a good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Did you know? Turmeric has many medicinal purposes. One aiding in the relief of Rheumatoid Arthritis. & Extra Virgin Coconut Oil aids in losing weight among other things. The taste was just a hint of coconut.

Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum do da do da. Silly me

Comments

buffalodick said…
I did game hens around Christmas- stuffed with rice... Kind of fun for something different... Marinade sounded good!
deb said…
Buff: they are fun to make. I was going to deep fry them but we are all watching our waist lines around here. I think I'll do the hen fry for thankgiving for a twist on turkey this year. i've got that menu already swirling around in my head. yes, scary.
Michelle Ann said…
I love little game hens...we had them often when I was a kid.
Looks super tasty! Sorta Caribbean meets Thai. Try slicing the tomatoes in half next time -- I find they always wander all over the plate when I serve them whole.

Popular Posts