my doctor gave me a mental health day today, yippee.. (so what, my egg has a crack. i don't know anyone in my circle whose isn't).so I've closed all the blinds and i'm napping, napping, and napping. Tonight, I get to make dinner for megan and a buddy of mine then a walk along the river. That will be therapeutic. Have some good dinner ideas from fellow doggy bloggy and hopefully i can turn out a beautiful replica of his dish.

Dinner: Crispy Tilapia with Grape Salsa




Doggy sent me a great idea for potato wrapped fried and baked Tilapia. I realized that my mandoline slicer was still located... well not here. I also do not posses a knife sharp enough to cut potatoes as thin as I needed. So, I improvised and took a little of his recipe and combined it with something I had in mind.

For the fish crust: I used Idahoan Big red potato flakes and mixed with Panko. For the glue for crust to stick to, I took Best Food Mayo and spiked it well with Cayenne Pepper. On med high heat I fried the fish in a little canola for about 4 minutes on each side until golden.

The Salsa: Red grapes, finely chopped red onion, finely chopped jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, a dash of cumin, sea salt, fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of chipoltle extra virgin olive oil.

Roasted yams smashed with butter, salt and pepper. There you have it. Crispy Fried Tilapia over yams with grape salsa. The flavors were a symphony if i do say so myself. good to have a mental health day. i think i'll take another. i need another.

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
that sounds amazing.

so you wanted to take anohter and you're working! i have to float in the pool all by myself?? no fun screaming at kody without company.
deb said…
I HAD to work. great day in the field though. opening color accounts is always a good day. plus i was up for it.

the tilapia i will happily make for you and janet next week if you both want to come for dinner tuesday. i've decided i am cooking for friends at least once a week. i felt so happy to do that the other night. simple things with friends no drama make me happy.

Popular Posts