you love me.. you love me not



you love me

chicken pot pie pasty for a friend. comfort hookup at it's best.



1 puff pastry, thawed 40 minutes

3 small Chicken breast tenders that were marinated in buttermilk overnight then baked in buttermilk with fresh thyme, garlic, sea salt and pepper. 20 minutes at 350. cooled then chopped into cubes. (i did not get around to baking chicken last night so worked perfect for today)

Meanwhile while potatoes are boiling, I fried 6 slices of bacon then in the same pan with a little chipotle olive oil I sautéed finely chopped red onion, little more thyme, dash of sea salt-pepper, carrots and baby bella mushrooms until soft. At the last minute I added fresh chopped garlic.

For mash potatoes (1 large russet) I added about ¼ cup sour cream about 2 tbs butter and 1 tbs of pure horse radish then mashed. Then folded in crumbled bacon.

Assembly: thin layer of mash to about ¼ edge of pastry, then veggies then chopped chicken. Baked at 400 for 25. Oh and I did an egg wash for the beautiful golden crust. This was a lot bigger than expected. About a foot long and at least 2 lbs of solid gold goodness.

Served with a side of chicken gravy.

First day of Fall. My favorite season.

Debby ;)

Comments

girlLawyer said…
Looks delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe!
Tanya Kristine said…
that "pot pie" was aamzing. just finished it today : )
and funny girl with the yes man video...hahahahhaa.....

thanks for meetig for coffee this a.m....
deb said…
you're welcome. thanks back. good walking.
Tanya Kristine said…
you might as well use my brothers guitar that he left here...
deb said…
OH YAY!

Popular Posts