Fall into Heaven Cupcakes (aka "Coma Cakes")



A perfect day. Making cupcakes with Meg and then eating our creation over the sink. (because I am too anal about my freshly clean floors)

We went the semi homemade way today.

Cupcakes:
1 box of yellow cake mix.
Follow the box recipe and for our homemade twist add the juice of one orange and it's zesty rind.
Bake in a preheated oven 350 for 19-23 minutes in a cupcake pan.
Cool for 30 minutes.
Then Frost

Frosting:
2 boxes of Jiffy white frosting mix.
Follow box directions.
I added 1/4 stick of butter and the juice of 2 lemons with the zest.

We decorated with the zest and rind of one orange and 2 lemons that we tossed in sugar and then added a sweet little flower.

As we ate them (2 each) over the sink Megan said "it feels like I just fell into Heaven". Hence the name.

So glad I started my carb free diet this week. I give up till Monday once I am up out of my sugar coma.

Comments

Popular Posts