Orange Scented Blueberry Currant Scones


This is what I made for breakfast with a side of peppered bacon. Served with butter, honey and a pot of Tea. I like to play with my family recipes. Since I am of Scottish, Irish and English descent. These are quite delicious and delicate.

Recipe:

2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
4 tbs butter
2 tbs Crisco shortening
1/2 cup heavy
1/4 half & half
1 egg beaten well
1/2 palm full dried blueberries & currants
Zest of one orange include the peel

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Cut in butter and shortening. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Stir in dried fruits. With your hands form into biscuits and place in a cup cake pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown. Makes 12 Scones

Comments

Megan said…
Not fair. You made these without me. :(
Tanya Kristine said…
Mmm...my stomach is growling.

Popular Posts