Chicken Pasta Primavera

color is off. The sauce was a pretty salmon color. ooo salmon would have been nice too.


I made a basic tomato sauce then added a bit of Cream. On low & while the pasta was cooking to the sauce I added crimini mushrooms, red & green bell peppers, zucchini, broccolini, tons of fresh basil,& Italian parsley. Cooked veggies unitl al dente. The last 2 or 3 minutes I added yesterdays roasted chicken breast that was torn into bite size chunks. Seasoned sauce up with sea salt, nutmeg, red chili flakes & garlic. Tossed with shells. Light and creamy. Just for Meg. The Pasta kid. Anything pasta she'll devour. ;)

Comments

pizza, taco. pasta, salad...thats us.
buffalodick said…
That sauce almost sounds like Aurora sauce- which I really love!
deb said…
Doggy: Yep any kind of Taco, Homemade Pizza, Salad with Meats. Tacos are the favorite. We're making up Crazy Ice Cream Recipes today.

Buff: http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-03r87.html I had to look that up. You're right.. My sauce was not nearly as involved. First time I've heard of Aurora sauce. Aurora reminds me of Shirley McClain in Terms of Endearment.
buffalodick said…
I love that sauce with seafood- velvet is the word for its' texture! You are an impressive cook! If we ever put all us foodies somewhere together, it will be food orgasms and fist fights for sure!
deb said…
Buff: Yes it would. I'm trying to think up a way how we all can get together. Now that would be 'SHIBBY!' aka COOL FUN AMAZING. What a group we would be. Especially with T.K in the mix..she is the funniest girl you'll ever meet. I'm a close second.

Popular Posts