Chorizo Con Queso Artichokes





I used the base recipe from here. When I first made this months ago my brain came up with this idea. This time I had colossal size artichokes. I had some extra chorizo from Saturday and I added ground sirloin to stretch that. Sauteed with onion, bell pepper, cumin, red chili flakes, & Sea salt. Then instead of Gorgonzola I used good aged sharp cheddar cheese & Mozzarella topped with Parmesan & a little fresh bread crumbs and drizzled with olive oil. Meg is not a big chorizo fan, so I had some left over Pot roast that we heated up and tossed in some Corn buttered noodles (noodles made from Organic corn flour) with a side of Brocollini. Happy Grown up, Happy kid. Good thing we like to cook.

I actually preferred this artichoke to the first. Although very rich I stopped after about 8TH dipped leaf.

Comments

Megan said…
beautiful pictures
Ms. Munchie said…
Now that looks yummy!
looks mighty tasty....seems we both have the blog template 'antsy pants' lately...I like this color...I cant seem to like any of the templates offered....
deb said…
i thought this color was easy on the eyes and the new border took up less space than the photo I had up. the artchoke is a fun vessel for all kinds of ideas.
Happy Tuesday.
Michelle Ann said…
Love artichokes....these look amazing. Okay, when are you inviting T and I for dinner. We need to celebrate her promotion!
deb said…
Great Idea!Let's see if we can do it at her house. I'll cater! ;)
Dining Alone said…
I have never cooked an artichoke, it just seems so hard? I think I need to try this. :)

Popular Posts