Chorizo Slippers



Olympic snacks

I broiled the Anaheim Chili's to blister their skins. Turned 3 times. About 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a pan I carmalized both red onion & Pork Chorizo. I added fresh parsley, cilantro, red chili flakes, hot sauce, & squeeze of one lime the last 2 minutes to the filling. Took chile's out and let rest under a towel to steam about 5 minutes. Peeled off skins, slit down one side, removed seeds. Stuffed with cheddar jack cheese, chorizo, cheese again & topped with chipotle powder spiked sour cream.

If ever I have a Bistro this will be on the menu. It was WOW good. ;)

I'm really enjoying this low carb thing.

Comments

buffalodick said…
Those look and sound excellent! Not many east of the Mississippi know how to roast them like that...
deb said…
Good thing I'm most west of the Mississippi! here in California. DUDE!
buffalodick said…
Are you mad at me about something? Dude, indeed!
deb said…
oH HECK NO. I was having fun with you. DUDE (cal. lingo which I never use)
Maybe I misunderstood the east of the mississippi comment? I'm just saying I'm west as west of there I can be. This blog is mostly light hearted. I would never be mad at someone. If I was offended, I would just delete a comment. You're just fine. ;)
buffalodick said…
Oh fer sure! Tubular, even..I think.. All I was saying is most people here don't even know you're supposed to roast and skin peppers! It's like explaining to people in the Midwest about blanching tomatoes to remove skins for making sauce...
Dining Alone said…
That sounds amazing. The hubby might even try this!
those look great and its a bit ironic because I just bought some chiles today so I could make chiles rellenos....
deb said…
I love chile rellenos. I've not made them before. But I imagine you could do all sorts of creative things with them.;)

Hi dining yeh hopefully you can now have dinner for two.

Buff: See told you I misunderstood. :)

Popular Posts