Hoisin Glazed Short Ribs


I spiced the short ribs up with a few dashes of all spice, mustard powder, sea salt, ground clove & cayenne. Browned on all sides in a med high heat pan with canola oil. In a baking dish, I added Hansen's Diet Organic Root Beer for braising liquid about 1/4 inch up the side of the dish. Slathered the ribs with Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic Glaze & Marinade Sauce & added to the baking dish. Baked for 1 hour and 45 minutes until falling off the bone. Added more hot glaze after removing from the oven. Served with an Asian inspired Slaw with rice wine vinegar, seasame oil, water chestnuts, peppers & green onion in cabbage mix.

Comments

buffalodick said…
Korean beef short ribs are sooo one of my favorites! The flavor print is one of my personal choices..
flavor prints? what the hell? Buff you amaze me sometimes...any way the
'flavor print' of the diet rootbeer doesnt fit well with me...but other than that these look and sound delicious
deb said…
dog, The diet rootbeer is the low carb thing and it made the meat even more tender & a slightly sweeter flavor that was countered by the cayenne I used.

Buff, I know "flavor prints" that's a new one on me too. I kind of like it.
I guess but wouldnt a regular rootbeer work too? how many carbs are you eliminating here - seems like jumping over dollars to get to pennies to me...
just busting your chops - before you get your feathers all ruffled...
deb said…
Regular rootbeer has so much sugar. I'm eating 0 sugar. I'm only eating about 23 grams of carbs a day from veggies.
deb said…
Please bust them. It might help me lose more weight! :)
buffalodick said…
Goodammer Roy! Flavor prints is a damn good way to describe flavor- and I am not wrong often enough to argue with...
deb said…
ok still what Goodammer Roy mean?
Dining Alone said…
YUM, I am on a hoisin kick for sure. I wonder if I have short ribs hiding in the freezer...

Popular Posts