4 cheesy Pasta (everything is better with bacon II)


I am living vicariously through my family members when it comes to eating. This is my Quattro Formaggi with Bacon (Pepper Crusted, Thick Sliced).
I use good Italian Pasta 1/2 lb & season the water once boiling liberally with Kosher Salt & a tbs of evoo, boil gently until a little past Al Dente'.
For my sauce I do not use a roux. I use 1.5 cup of heavy whipping cream with a tbs of evoo & in addition, this time with a tbs of bacon grease. I used about 2.5 cups of cheese which included fresh mozzarella, shaved Grana Padana, Provolone, and a little Gorgonzola Blue cheese, 3 small garlic cloves grated, fresh grated nutmeg, fresh ground pepper, dash of cayenne, pinch of red chile flakes, pinch of garlic powder, dash of kosher salt all to taste. Heat the cream do not boil, add cheese, stir over low heat until cheese melts then add to drained pasta & finish with fresh Italian Parsley. Toss and plate it up. Melt in your mouth and you've died and gone to heaven Pasta. De vine. p/s I always roast bacon in the oven on a baking sheet at 375 for about 15 minutes. I watch it closely. I cook it a little on the underdone side.
The distinguishing feature of formaggi sauce is cheese, as formaggio means “cheese” in Italian. A formaggi sauce may be made with one or many cheeses, depending on the taste of the cook and what is available. Quattro meaning 4. I knew you knew that. 4 cheesy pasta.


My dinner. Torta di riso

Comments

mmmm, add some capers and anchovies and its a cheesy putanesca

Popular Posts