Take me to Greece



I worked in Greek restaurant for two years and it was some of the best you will ever find. The owners were from Greece and Chicago well enough said. Anyway I learned to speak a little Greek and a lot about their food and how to prepare it.
I had a craving for Souvlaki
Marinated the pork (center cut, boneless thick cut) in Lemon, oregano (Greek, for joy of the mountain), evoo, salt and pepper.
Grilled on med high for about 5 min per side.
Grilled Halloumi cheese
Served with good imported Greek Feta and Kalamatta olives. Tomatoes & onions


Bella pouting. She wanted fish for dinner.

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
I still miss the avolemeno or wahtever it's called.

how'd the grilled houlomi come out?
*poof* you are now in grease....LOL
deb said…
it came out good. it's rubbery in texture and nutty in flavor when you grill it. avgolemeno. i'll send you a recipe. easy + excellent for you.

i wish i were in greece. try again.
grease not greece...it did work
deb said…
coffee had not kicked in yet. you got me duh. t.k is snickering now. thanks bloggydoggy.

Popular Posts