I chopped my wino mom into little pieces Angel Food Cake




Meg hates it when I drink wine. I am not a bad wino. A happy chatty wino. She just hates the way my mouth moves when I talk and my eyes get droopy. She tells me no you're not my mom.

So we watched the movie "Waitress" a while back and Meg wanted to name her cake the way Carrie Russell named her pies in the movie. Such as " Bad Baby Pie" & " Earl's gonna Murder Me cuz I am havin' an affair Pie". Great movie by the way!

This is Meg's creation with a little help from the "Wino".

Basic Box Angel food cake. Chopped strawberries macerated in White Balsamic Vinegar and a touch of sugar. We did not have the proper angel food pan. We used a Bundt ("bundt" always reminds me of Albert Finney in Erin Bronkivich) pan and the cake stuck so we tore the cake into pieces then layered it into a casserole dish with the macerated strawberries. Then Meg topped it all with her homemade whipped topping. Made by our angel. Ate by our devil.

Comments

Popular Posts