Thai Influenced Cornmeal Crepes






This is a recipe I adapted. I realized after I started the recipe I had run out of milk Friday. I did have coconut milk. That then inspired the Thai spices that I added to the mix. These are heartier than a plain crepe.


2 Spring Onions - Sliced thin
1/2 cup of fresh Coriander & Parsley - chopped
4 Eggs
1/2 cup h20
1 cup Coconut milk
2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 cup Cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp chile flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp curry powder
dash of fresh ground pepper
1 tbl sugar
2 tbl Evoo

In a mixer, blender or food processor, place the onions,cilantro & parsley. Add the eggs, water, milk, salt, baking powder, cornmeal, flour, sugar, spices & oil. Blend until very smooth. Let rest at room temp 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Heat an 8- to 9-inch, well-seasoned crepe pan or small skillet over a medium heat. Coat with a little oil. When the pan is hot, pour in about 2 to 3 ounces of the crepe batter. Tilt the pan, rotating so the batter is evenly distributed. Cook until the crepe appears dry, then turn and cook on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used. Store the crepes between sheets of wax paper until ready to use.

I added fresh Bocconcini cheese with cherry tomato. Shredded chicken would be delicious but I did not have any around this morning. Even plain with butter would be just fine.

I made a coconut sauce with the remaining coconut milk and spiked it with cayenne and drizzled over the top of my last batch. They needed a little something wet.

I had 1/2 of one and very tasty. Just too ambitious after a stomach bug.

Comments

I'l make em' and them I'll eat em'

Popular Posts