MAMMA MIA!

How could I resist ya?

I'm a huge Meryl Streep Fan. I am not a musical fan. With, now, two exceptions. 1st being Paint Your Wagon, Clint Eastwood and now Mama Mia. The first musical scene I was worried and thought, oh my this sucks. But quickly within minutes it recovered itself and throughout the entire movie we laughed (I wish mine) our bums off. It was suppose to be cheesy and it was. Brilliantly so. Loved it. It's made it to the list of all time faves. We left the movie dancing & singing all the way to Borders for the soundtrack. TheN drove all the way home with windows rolled down singing at the top of our lungs..MAMMA MIA!!

I Spy Meg singing Mamma Mia.

Comments

buffalodick said…
ABBA: "Thank-you for the memories.."
deb said…
either you're a fan or not. I think I'm more of a fan now then back in the day. It's fun.The film, "Murial's Wedding" featured the ABBA'S songs too. Good flick as well.
Ok, now my curiosity has been piqued and i will go and see the film. I am not generally a fan of musicals so I was not really planning on going but I have heard a few others saying some good things so I am persuaded. :)
Michelle Ann said…
Yikes! I don't think I can get through the movie. I think its the whole thing about Meryl in a musical.
the youtube doesnt work???
deb said…
hmm it works here.
Megan said…
it works. YOU ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tanya Kristine said…
hahah...i love ti...so cute! we (janet and I) sang that whole CD aaaaall the way up to tahoe and it was one of the greatest days ever :)
Sully Sullivan said…
I would need to be paid in solid gold bricks to be convinced to see this movie. I mean, no offense, women are obviously into this, but I just couldn't imagine being subjected to it.

(I hope my girlfriend reads this so we can save ourselves the conversation where I tell her I will never see it.)
deb said…
sully: you feel the same as my guy. over his dead body for ABBA songs. It's pretty chick flick but it's really funny
Big Brother said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Brother said…
You chose this over The Dark Knight? Count me in with Pat. I enjoy musicals, but I can't stomach ABBA. Well, I could heave my stomach on ABBA.. haha...
But you should check out The Dark Knight... Alexandra actually teared up at the end, and this is a comic book movie (well, it's the Citizen Kane of comic book movies).

Popular Posts