Bacon, Avocado & Fried Green Tomato Sand-itches








Fried Green Tomatoes (my version)no fail, I had an Itch

I made homemade buttermilk for these.
2 large green tomatoes, cut 1/4 inch thick
1 cup of milk with a tbl of meyer lemon juice.
Dredged in Panko, Cornmeal & flour seasoned with cayenne, salt and pepper.
Fried in Canola Oil till golden Brown.

I seasoned the tomatoes with kosher salt and let sit for 1/2 hour to draw out water before dredging and frying.

The buttermilk you have to let sit for 15-20 minutes at room temp till curdled. 1 cup whole milk + 1 tbl lemon juice or white vinegar. Then added hot sauce to the milk.

I roasted a good thick peppered bacon till crisp. 4oo degrees about 12-15 minutes PAY ATTENTION.

Made a Meyer lemon and lime mayonnaise to a loaf of Dutch Crunch that was toasted with evoo and rubbed with a clove of garlic.

Meg's niece,Daphny, who is a picky one, loved this sandwhich. Now for me, that is a success. This is for you Daphy! Tangy

Comments

Megan said…
they were too tangy for me
Tanya Kristine said…
too tangy. no such thing!

Popular Posts