Koukia (Fava) Bean Ravioli with a Greek Spin





Thanks fellow foodie blogger for the idea. I happened to have wonton wrappers so I made them.

I learned buy lots of fava beans. i only had 5 stalks and it made about 1/2 cup of pesto and about 10 raviolis. Boiled them in salted water for 4 minutes, drained cooled and peeled their weird little skins. In the processor I added the beans, walnuts as there creaminess pairs well with the creaminess of the beans (which i love) evoo, fresh oregano, salt, pepper and a little of fresh grated mizethra cheese.

put about a tsp in center of each wrapper. boiled very gently till floated to the top.

i made a quick kampama sauce which was a can of plain tomato sauce, salt, pepper, tiny bit of fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon. drizzled on top pasta and finished with Mizethra cheese. I am proud to say these are very yummy.

Origin: The exact origin of the fava bean is unknown, but it is beleived to be native to Central Asia and the Eastern Meditteranean. It has long been cultivated and has spread across all populated continents as a food plant.

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
so you likey? it sounds different and i'm not sure i'd try that but the creaminess kinda had me.

3.5 stars
deb said…
if you digg pesto you would likey too. meg just woofed a plate of it down for her after school snack. thanks me critic. :)
they look good and I bet a gorgonzola creamy kind of sauce would be good too
deb said…
well i just love gorgonzola. that would be good. i wanted to keep the flavor integrity of the fava bean since they are subtle and creamy in flavor and this was my first fava experience.

Popular Posts