Inspiration led me here



I was in the middle of eating this one when i finally figured out a good camera setting for food

Thanks Bloggy Doggy.

Shredded Pork Tostadas

I made my with a pork butt that I roasted in my slow cooker with homemade tomatillo sauce i had frozen, fresh squeezed orange juice with rind, 1/4 cup cumin, lots of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, 1 large yellow onion sliced and set in the bottom the cooker along with 3 sliced cloves of garlic.Cooked on High for 9 hours. O my gosh it was so tender and easy to tear. I made my tortillas with blue corn,fried and made a fresh avocado salsa with herbs from my garden. Topped off with shredded lettuce, good aged sharp white cheddar. Green chile Hot sauce. This hit the spot.

Comments

that looks like it would hit the spot...why is it so blue? Your pork sounds perfect.
deb said…
i just figured out the best feature on my camera here's a new pic
Michelle Ann said…
When I had a point and shot the "macro" setting (the flower icon) worked best without a flash.

Congrats on the book even though it is the evil Rachael Ray. ha ha

To support that even in the land of blogs...we live in a small world. Vanilla Garlic Garrett just moved into a townhouse...the very same townhouse that I rented from my friends in 2003...scary!!! I recognized my old kitchen!

And thank you for your kind words on the post about my dad. It can be a rough one. Just glad that I have people willing to listen/read.
deb said…
thank you. i am happy i am even the slightest interesting enough to be glanced at (blogwise)
its getting there but now the focus is off...damn can I ever be happy...LOL
deb said…
humans are never satisfied

Popular Posts