Key Lime & Coconut Brown Rice Pudding


2 cups cooked brown rice
1 can light coconut milk
2 key limes zest and juice of one
1 cups water
1/4 cup brown sugar
cinnamon stick
Pure vanilla extract

Prepare brown rice as directed minus the salt. I added the vanilla (about 1/2 tsp) to the rice cooking water and a cinnamon stick.

To the cooked rice add coconut milk, water, sugar, lime juice. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. You can add a little more water or coconut milk to thin out. Will thicken as it cools and is really good day two. Sprinkle with lime zest and cinnamon. Yummy on top of bananas. Great to make banana splits and add strawberries and pineapple.

Comments

looks tasty, is that the actual color...very butterscotchy ....no thickener, like arrowroot or anything?
deb said…
no thickener and I think the color is from the vanilla in the rice water and combo of the brown rice. i was suprised as I was apprehensive without using dairy. it turned out light, thick, creamy and my dauhter (huge rice pudding fan) loved it.
Tanya Kristine said…
ewie. looks red or seomthing. i like the onion rings below.

i just bought a grill this weekend so i get to bbq shit. yay!
deb said…
you can do everything on a grill.
Oh my... this sounds and looks scrumptious! I am the rice pudding monster... I will be trying this recipe Debby, rest assured.

BTW, you were added to my reader and bloglist too. :-)

Popular Posts