Brick Chick




I've always wanted to do this for the xtra crispy, juicy chicken aspect of this technique. So now I have. I am using the chicken to shred for my Thai Chicken, Coconut & Roasted Corn Chowder. My spices were very simple, Garlic Pepper powder, Sea Salt, Celery Salt, Paprika & Dry Thyme. Evoo. Rubbed and let sit for an hour. Place Chicken breast side down In the Cast Iron Pan on Med High heat for 1 minute. Put Brick or another cast iron pan on immediatly after the Split Chicken hits the pan. Reduce to med heat and continue to cook for about 10 minutes. Will crisp up fast I learned today. Transfer to a 375 oven for another 20-25. Check temp. I'm going to make a really good pan gravy for the breast and use the thighs for the soup, Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Update: Once I cut open the chicken after it rested for 15 minutes I could have used at least 5 more minutes. The breast was not quite done even though the juices were clear. So depending on your stove and oven just use your senses and watch it. The thighs were fine. It's so pretty. ;)
P/s I used a retaining wall brick...

Comments

deb said…
oh i had to comment first. YUMMMMMMMM!
Tanya Kristine said…
where the FUCK did you get the idea to use a brick??? you are so random!
deb said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
deb said…
the cooking channel. my school. my life is random ;0)
nice job.....dont listen to TK she is the wierdest 'vegetarian' I have ever come across...LOL I know you are old friends...but still!

Popular Posts