Pillow Puss


Morning Ham Grilled Sandwich (I'm the Grill SANDWICH QUEEN)

New kitchen toys and gadgets. From the Gourmet Chef store, Folsom Outlets


So if my first hour of being awake this morning is any indication of the week ahead.. I'll take it (I wrote last week OFF). I went to our new "Walmart" up around the corner from our home to grab some breakfast items and chilis for my soup.(now if I had a Corty Bro's nearby or any other food worthy place, I'd be there. NOW.. I live in ORANGEVALE.. a once and plentiful food haven.

Anyhow..It's the Super Walmart meaning they have a full on grocery store. The only bummer is they did not put a coffee shop in there & I so needed my 1st cup of coffee while I shopped. Anyway, I get to the checkout and there are only 2 cashiers and 7 people waiting in line. I was 3rd in one lane. When I stood there for what seemed like hours I finally stepped up to the cashier in my lane and said "Could you please call up another Cashier.. You have quite a wait going on here??" She just gave me the "what, I'm stupid, clueless look," I then turned around to look at the mob that was continuing to gather behind me (14 total by now) thinking , "Yeah I'm the one", "I'm the hero and they all stared at me with the same stupid look, no pat on the back, no "good going sister!" I stood there a little nervous and said to the Mob (in my own defense) "Well I've places to go!" Maybe it was the scary imprint of my pillow on my face that caused their odd blank stares. " Watch out little Joey.. the mean pillow face lady might get you!"

Otherwise, I thought I looked pretty normal. It's not like I was wearing my Pajamas at the store (T.K.) Then FINALLY a manager came over and opened a new lane.. & because I was the only brave intelligent one that stood up & said something.. the crowd made a path for Moi. I got to go first. It was like the parting of the red sea.
I was out of line and out the door while the person I was behind initially was still waiting behind the person in front of them.


Then I went to Starbucks for that 1st cup of coffee. I went though the drive through. I had a sleepy chatty conversation with the drive up girl, asked her for the new coffee plugs (as to not spill in the car) got our coffees and we exchanged gestures to have a great Holiday weekend and off I drove. I got home and realized my $20 bucks was still sitting in the ashtray. Free Coffee Yey! It's gonna be a good week! Free Coffee just taste really, really good.
p/s this is the same Starbucks that has routinely forgotten my pastries. so we're even.

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
Um. fuck you. I've picked up some fine-ass men in my pj's.

okay...well some mediocre men.

OK so they were homeless!!! They were till cute!

you went to walmart? 30 lashes for you! i want the squeezer though.
deb said…
i thought it's target we're boycott because of the french oh and I got all my kitchen goodies from the gourmet store at the outlets.

Popular Posts