chicken ole my way or your way






This was this weeks big accomplishment. Biggest challenge was pulling the chicken apart. This is what dumb thumb went to the store for Wed. So I hope you all enjoy this 40 minute post! ;)

A recipe I've been making for years and never the same way twice. I've used pork, chicken, beef etc. So you can take this and make it your own way with homemade or store bought salsas & sauce , full fat cheeses etc. It's a great Potluck dish and is always the first to go with requests for the recipe. Great too if your stretching a buck. Who's not these days?

Method: Pre Heat oven to 350

1 can cream of chicken soup reduced fat
1 can cream of celery soup reduced fat
1 8 ounce cup light sour cream
1 small jar red or green salsa
1 pkg of reduced fat shredded jack & cheddar
1 small onion chopped
1 small can chilies
1 3lb roasting chicken roasted, tore apart & shredded. You could buy a rotisserie chicken too. Or use chicken breasts or thighs whatever. Using the Rotisserie you will have a total prep cook time of 40 minutes.

1 pkg of any kind of tortillas, I used garlic low carb flour. Corn is great too.
1 jar of enchilada sauce, I used trader joes organic, mmmm
more cheese

Mix together your first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. In a 13 x 9 pan add sauce to bottom, then top with 4 tortillas, repeat finishing with the sauce, Top with jar of enchilada sauce & cheese. cover tent like with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife goes easily through the tortillas. Let rest for at least 20 minutes to set and of course always better the next day.

You can top off with black olives, jalepenos, green onions, sour cream & of course really good hot sauce.

Comments

buffalodick said…
That looks really good! I have a "red" version I used and placed 3rd in a city-wide competition with once- but I personally would prefer your recipe!
Tanya Kristine said…
that is my favorite dish,
deb said…
yay you remembered.
looks good....anything with chile is gotta be good in my book...

Popular Posts