Happy 4rth, Summer Salad & Such..


& such...
We have just returned from our favorite breakfast dine the next town over. Love the place. I've been parking Megan at the counter since she was 18 months. We know the girls, they're like family and the food is just as good as mine (better in some cases.) The best part is I get taken care of and I have 0 dishes to tend to. The biscuits are so yummy and the size of giant softballs. I call them pocket warmers.
So as we 3 sit there happily enjoying our fare & bantering amongst ourselves, in walks a table of 3. Two men and one woman. They plop down in the booth adjoining us. Then it hits, immediately. The blanket of the most foul & nauseating cologne, body splash, Eu De toilette, $2 hooker juice, I've ever encountered. I can taste it, my throat starts to close, my eyes blurr, I feel faint. Staying conscious long enough to see my families expressions (& finish breakfast) I witness Paddy's face turn 3 shades of bright florescent red (never a good sign), & Meg's eyes watering & tears that start steaming down her softly freckled cheeks. We are now enveloped by the entire AVON catalogue. I wanted to get up and tell her to MOVE.. 3 counties over! But I did not or we did not. We loved our breakfast too much to break away though we did finish up quite quickly. At our departure, I shot her my infamous stink eye.
I believe and am now considering a petition, that this potentially environmentally hazardous bad habit be outlawed in public just as cigarettes. Actually, I think I would have preferred the stench of a cigarette over the lady who had immersed & then marinated herself in "Eu De Cesspool."
So much for independence.

OK now onto foodie nonsense and such. Happy 4Th of July all. Stay safe!




Grilled Chicken & Orzo Wilted Spinach Salad

I usually use Orzo, but was out and used Arborio rice Instead, I prefer the Orzo as it's lighter but all the same this was still very tasty & I accomplished the idea.

I cooked up the rice in Chicken stock, drained and then while it was hot tossed in baby spinach to wilt. Added fresh Lemon Juice, S&P, shredded zucchini, strawberries, green onion, grilled chicken and drizzled with a black & white balsamic glaze that I reduced to a syrup, Topped with fresh sliced almonds.


Bella & Mrs. Hoot @ Bedtime.

The breakfast dine mentioned above is Sutter Street Grill (aka "the girls" endearingly named by 18 month old meg)
Located in Historic Folsom on Sutter Street. Homemade everything. The best biscuits & gravy when you need a fix.

Comments

Well, after vomiting on my table and then throwing up all the way to where ever I was going to get away, I'm not sure what I would do. I hate perfume for the most part. While there have been situations where it smells 'ok' I dont like it - usually.
deb said…
I'm a patchouli and lemon essence oil kinda girl. but one dab will do me & then it attracts all the old hippies. But really I do not understand people & their foul habits. Probably why I choose to stay home more often than not.
deb said…
and i keep my foul habits home based.

and if it were my restaurant "the right to refuse service" would have been so fun to execute on her stinkiness!
Dining Alone said…
The salad looks perfectly DELICIOUS?! I love all the ingredients, I need to try this soon!
amandalouden said…
That looks fantastic!

Popular Posts