Grilled Artichokes


4th of July dinner. The steaks were monsters. The leftovers are turning into tacos.

My now favorite way to eat an artichoke. So much flavor off the grill. I poached these first in Lemon and garlic for about 20 minutes. Then marinated them in really good olive oil, lemon and spices overnight. They hit the grill at med-high for another 20 minutes. I made a little lemon mayo that I spiked with Cayenne and put that in the center of the choke. Made a good dipping well. If you've never grilled them do. So magically delicious!

Comments

buffalodick said…
You are the first person to ever even tempt me into trying an artichoke! Looked and sounded great!
Tanya Kristine said…
Jesus. that sounds awesome. i wish my choke weren't flowers! i'll go buy some...maybe we'll grill those this weekend.
mmmmm, mmmmmm that has my name all over it!
deb said…
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/111/Grilled-Artichokes

or click on my fav reads "cooking for engineers". It's where I learned. But making chokes often I did not trust this guys cooking time. The difference: I boiled mine for 20, marinated and then grilled for 15-20 min. They were perfectly tender. Grilling a choke for just 15 min seems to me they'd end up tough.

Ok go to it! Post pics ;)

Popular Posts