Semi-Surgery with Sandra Lee

Scary

OK, I would not normally share a nightmare or a dream for that matter but this one (at least to me) was frightening and semi-& peculiarly funny.

I would not normally share this either. I'm having surgery here in about 1.5 months to take care of some "female issues" that have been ruling my life here lately. I'm happy it's going to be taken care of as the prognosis is very promising & I'll be a new girl. It's the surgery (anesthesia portion) & recovery (no boom boom for 6 weeks) time that freak me out & I am a tough girl when it comes to these matters (I laughed during childbirth).

OK, here is the nightmare in a nutshell:
I'm having my surgery done in Sandra Lee's (food tv's semi-homemade) run down duplex (an investment property of her and her hubby's) & she is the surgeon. I'm on the table and covered up by a homemade & hideous floral tablecloth she has made just for my surgery. Prior to commencing she gaily tells me how she has made it.
So she starts the procedure & of course the anesthesia does not work so I witness it all. Now mind you the "ditsy" Sandra only does half of the surgery.
In my dream, I am following her around "dream town" in my "gown" desperately trying to get her to finish up surgery. All the while she's making excuses about time management. She keeps putting me off while holding a martini glass that is filled with an Apple Green Concoction and going on about how she made that too. After much despair & begging her to complete the procedure, she attempts to complete the surgery. But then seconds into it, she sits in a chair & decides to finish her cocktail instead which she says is "SOOOOO" good. Then I woke up. She never finishes the surgery! Semi-Surgery. Oh God!

Comments

dream analysis: too much time watching food network.....
deb said…
yep and ironically i go to workout this morning and alwayy watch the food net during workouts. and who was on? Sandra Lee back to back. I faced my fear.
Dining Alone said…
This is hilarious, Sandra the Semi-Lush!
deb said…
dining: maybe that's why she's so rail thin. she drinks her calories.
Alrighty then! And there I was thinking it was kinda weird to be dreaming of having an ongoing argument (over two consecutive nights) with chef Gordon Ramsay! lol

Popular Posts