Real Men Do eat Quiche & A lot of it

I set this photo as my desktop background. Looks too cool.





Hash Brown Quiche

Plan on waking with the roosters to get this on the table before lunch.

Click the post title for recipe. Keep in mind it may need to bake longer than the recipe states. Mine took 45 minutes to bake at 350. (maybe because of my addition of 1 egg and dash of milk???)

UPDATE
It was my pie plate. If I'd used my glass pie plate I believe it would have baked at the time stated. "der"

Paddy loves it when I cook breakfast on the weekends (just normally it's on the table in under 30 minutes). So I'm always trying out new ideas on him. This would be really good with Chorizo and Mexican cheese to served with a good red chili or enchilada sauce.

How I adapted this recipe is I added 1 more egg, a little milk, Frank's Hot sauce,1 tsp of Dijon, Spicy Jimmy Dean sausage, & mushrooms. And to the Hash Browns, I seasoned them prior to baking with Cayenne, Chile Powder, Cumin Powder, S&p. Then I made homemade country sausage gravy for the topper.

I liked the idea of a hash brown crust & the fact that you could do this so many variations. Enjoy...this was really, really good. Great Holiday breakfast or if you having company.

Deb's diet portion. It's all about Portions!

Comments

buffalodick said…
That really looks tasty!
I think the mustard is what makes it...I always put a little mustard on my quiche or frittatas
deb said…
D: Meg's dad is a "Real Chef" trained & all. She says dijon always goes in his eggs. So, I think your're right.
and who says I am not a trained 'real chef' .......
deb said…
well do tell db. no matter really. we can cook us mere mortals. I'm an observer learner. does that make sense?
per- zactly....deb..cook how you feel and love what you eat....and you do do that and it shows....people change, you talk about your changes, for me its 'eyesight' mine is getting blurry and its not fun. (reference to the sandra dream)
amandalouden said…
I am making quiche as I type! We are on the same wave!
deb said…
amanda:you're going to have to come to next sac foodie potluck. I'm putting one together for the fall. late October. ;)

Dog: I'm dealing with the eyesight thing too. I try so hard not to buy into this "40's" thing but lately it's been a beyotch!

Popular Posts