Bees

I was always, as a child and young adult, afraid of bees of any kind. Been stung many a time because of ignorance and by running or shewing them away. Then one day, and after many life losses, a boy from my past who chased his own demons, invited me onto his pasture.. over to a hollow log, he guided me. And because of the love I was in that day with this boy, or possibly the losses I'd had.. I went fearlessly into this bee colony of life. The bees enveloped my being and what do you know? I became a Bee Charmer that day.




UPDATE! Not 20 minutes after this soulful post.. and I swear on the life of Meg. I take the trash out to the curb (to be a good gal for my guy) barefoot and I stepped on a bee. What could this mean? Have I really charmed the bees? OH MY GOD. HOW WEIRD!
The bite
the surgery
the antiseptic
the dead bastard! OWEE! ;(sorry bee)
Some bee charmer!

(the best part of this was hearing megan read this post in her southern bell accent)

Comments

amandalouden said…
OUCH! and weird!
deb said…
this is just a day of irony
Megan said…
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA that is too classic
buffalodick said…
Irony is never far from humans! In good weather, I get stung just often enough to always be looking out...
deb said…
I guess I had it coming. have'nt been stung in years. The last time, a bee mangaged to get in my knee high riding boot down in my sock and stung the bottom of my foot as I was driving down the road. that was funky!
Tanya Kristine said…
some bee charmer. you must;ve insulted the bee's real bee charmer.
deb said…
It was a total "sting" operation. lol

Popular Posts