Tortellini Alla Panna


My favorite Italian Pasta. EVER!

My sauce is no fail. I take scant of butter, saute garlic on low then add a dash or two of sweet Marsala, thinly sliced mushrooms, dash of fresh grated nutmeg and cook for 2 minutes, then add extra heavy whipping cream cook for 1 minute, then add grated parm and shaved Grana Padana cheeses. At the very end I add very, very thinly sliced ham & lots of fresh chopped parsley. Toss in your favorite Tortellini or Pasta. Done 10 minutes. Thickens up within just a few minutes. Oh & lots of fresh ground pepper!

This was the kids portion. Mine was a half cup.

A basic dish from Northern & Central Italy. This is my take on the dish & made to order so I don't measure just eyeball & taste.


Lamb chops

I forgot to mention these tasty little morsels from Monday Night. I marinated these in a trio (forgot correct culinary term) of garlic, parsley & lemon zest. Sea Salt, pepper olive oil & lemon Juice. Grilled on Med High for 2.5-3 min per side and served with roasted cherry tomatoes. Yep they were good!

Comments

buffalodick said…
That cut of meat(Lamb)broiled or grilled quickly to 30 seconds past rare- is my favorite carnivore treat! That looked beautiful, dear!
deb said…
My favorites are the little Aussie French Cuts. There like meat-cicles. Expensive however. ;)
Michelle Ann said…
The lamb looks delicious and the marination term is Gremolata. One of my favorite ways to flavor lamb!!!
deb said…
i knew it!! :) Had it on the tip of my tounge.
Dining Alone said…
That sauce sounds freakin amazing, I will definitely be trying it soon!

Popular Posts