Biscuits Stuffed











I had a hankering and once that happens it's a must.

I rarely make biscuits but I love really great homemade biscuits. I had an idea for 4different flavors. These are very rustic as I came up with the construction as I went and they turned out buttery, flaky and really rich oh and YUMMY.

I made:
Cinnamon roll biscuits
Ham, cheese and chives
Greek inspired Feta, roasted red pepper & dry Greek Oregano
Chunky Peanut Butter & Blueberry jam

As I said, I winged the construction as you can see by the pictures. And because they are not on my diet I had one bite of each. The Greek being my favorite as Megan's.

Biscuits:

12 ounces soften cream cheese
1 cup of soften butter
1.5 cups flour
.5 tsp salt.

Mix lightly. I used lots of flour while constructing.Baste with melted butter & Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them. Made 12 stuffed and one big plain biscuit (my original fave) Great for the kid and big guy to snack on during the day. :)

Comments

Patience-please said…
I could NOT have had only one bite of those. No I could NOT.

YUMMMMMMMMM!
little mini meals....like hot pockets for your watch pocket...
deb said…
dog:"hotpockets" yep. these were dense and held together well. I grew up on my grandmother's Cornish Pasties (that's a short "a" sound);)
I was thinking when I need a good winter time appetizer... make these with traditional beef,onion,potato & turnips. mmmm

Pat: I lied I ended up having two & after eating so clean the last 2 weeks they did not agree with me. ALL BUTTER, CREAM CHEESE. They were yummy going in...
Megan said…
those bixcuts were yumish
deb said…
BIXCUTS? Honor Roll?
Sammy said…
those are good pictures.
deb said…
sammy who are you?
Dining Alone said…
I have never made my own biscuits! I have some bisquick in my cupboard from an old recipe, is that stuff worth using??
deb said…
Pat: If you like to cook or bake I think its worth making your own. I like bisquick for pancakes and waffles. with a homemade biscuit my favorite usually has buttermilk in the recipe (these did not)this recipe worked well for stuffing them. they were so decadent. ;)

Popular Posts