Mini Baked Potatoes (Potato Poppers)


You could do these so many ways or make several different ones for a party. Creme Fresh and Caviar, Chorizo & good cheddar, etc... I looked for bite sized potatoes and used the yellow creamers. They roasted up a really pretty golden brown.

I used 40 little potatoes that I tossed in a bowl with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Kosher Salt and pepper (roasted 45-50 min @350, check with a pierce of a knife for readiness)Once done, cut crisscross on top and very gently squeeze potato to open or use your pinkie finger. Of course I let them cool prior to handling.

The Mix:
Good Sour Cream (Daisy I find is the best) 3/4 cup
Good Imported Gorgonzola cheese @ room temp Probably a 1/4 cup
Fresh chopped chives from my garden
Lots of Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Toppings:
Prosciutto ( i froze it for easier cutting) cut into very thin strips and then chopped fine. Sauteed in Olive Oil on Med till crispy, drained on a paper towel.
Chives cut into little spears

Assembly:
I used a piping bag to pipe in about 1/2 tsp of mix into the potatoes and topped with proscuitto and chives.
Makes 40 bite size and can be served Hot or room temp.
Easy, cost effective, fun, versatile and mostly DELICIOUS!

Comments

looks good..and simple too..
Tanya Kristine said…
those were VERY good. thank you! i tried your jelly too
deb said…
tk what did you think of the jam? hush on the secret i told you though.
the red background?
deb said…
it's sassy
those were great! I think I ate several.. thanks for the recipe, I'm going to make them soon, just for myself!
Lynn G. said…
Those WERE great. Simple, but the perfect size for popping in your mouth. Thanks for stopping by Sacatomato, too!
Elise said…
These were definitely delicious. I think I ate the last one! I so enjoyed meeting you and your daughter at the potluck.

Popular Posts