2 girls splitting ..again





We had our second dinner at the Farm House again..we wanted to have supper a couple miles up the rode but the place was closed on Wednesday. That's one of the quirks about this place, restaurants are closed funny times of the week AND since we were tired we walked over to the Farm House 3 doors down.

As you can see "2 Girls Splitting" shared 1 small plate and one entree. The "Cowgirl Creamery Fromage Blanc with Fig Jam & Caramelized onion Crostini" was delectable. The toast it self was not overly done, slightly crunchy on the outside tender on the inside and the wow factor was on my first bite. I had just finished a sip of Bridgeway Cellars Napa Cab.. all the flavors together played like a symphony. The menus suggested a Riesling (I'm a red girl) But I'm telling you the cab with the fig & Fromage..WOW!

Now I had two (Meg gobbled the rest) of the "Homemade Cheese Raviolis with fresh Basil Pesto" which included a little spinach for color and texture (i guessed that ;)). The sauce was thick and rich and had just the right amount of cheese. If you wanted to spoil yourself with lusciousness this is the dish. It was "Magically Delicious!"

For dessert back at the Nest, we shared Chubby Hubby ( I'm beginning to miss mine)

The rest of these pics were all taken by Megan. She remained usnshaken shooting her photos while under fire of pecking hens. She's a natural and she's hooked. What does the future hold for Meg?







Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
Whoa! i'm IMPRESSED! I'm 42 and can't shoot like that. shit. why can't i do my life over...?

and i should have a fondue party...i say party loosely...just some cheese and red wine. yum.
deb said…
do it. it would be fun. let me know if there is a local cheese can bring back , there is a cowgirl creamery triple cream i'm bring home
Tanya Kristine said…
well, you're the chef, not me...i was thinking gruyere, cheddar, etc...
deb said…
will do

Popular Posts