Open Face Turkey Burgers






It's just my opinion, nothing can stand up to a freshly ground chuck burger with American cheese slathered with mayo . Oh and a side of fries. But this is what I needed to make..

Open Face Turkey burgers:

2 lbs of equal parts ground turkey & ground turkey breast
1 yellow onion chopped
1 cup crimini mushrooms chopped
Lots of chopped Italian Parsley & fresh Tarragon
1 tsp celery salt
2 TB garlic powder
Sea salt & Pepper to taste
Dry rosemary, thyme, & oregano about 1/2 palmful
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
few shakes of white balsamic vinegar
Beef seasoning 1 TB (in picture) this has a real good smoky, grill taste to it

All of this is to flavor the bland turkey and to add moisture.

Mix gently. Makes 10 burgers 4 larger and 6 smaller. Pan fry on med high (in a little canola). Cover bugers to retain moisture for about 4-5 minutes each side, flipping only once & last minute add fresh mozzarella (lower fat cheese, melts great).Make sure to adjust your heat as these can brown up really fast. I started at med high and went to med low. For less fat, you can grill. They just won't be as juicy.

Toasted Whole Wheat Seasame Bun (the top because I love seasame seeds). Made a low fat sauce of blackberry jam 1/2 cup, 1 TB extra hot horseradish, fresh thyme, fresh ground pepper & 1 TB of mayo. ooooh yummee!
Bun, 1 tsp of sauce, lettuce, very thinly sliced onion, 6 oz burger with 2 tb cheese.

This was a powerhouse pack with flavor and really juicy. I drove the bus to flavor town.
(picked up that line from my favorite, Diner, Drive Ins, & Dives

Yes... I'm re-scuplting my menu so that I am successful at re sculpturing my figure. My cooking will be reflecting some changes. NO more fried chicken wings for at least -2 sizes. This will be fun coming up with some new lower fat recipes so far the family is diggin' it.

Comments

Megan said…
i like the purple better
Nice blog Deb! And thanks for visiting mine. Do you live in folsom too?
deb said…
Shankari: Technically Orangevale. But I am one block and it's Folsom. Thank you!
that blackberry sauce sounds pretty tasty...
deb said…
it went well with the turkey and i have to have saucey sauces on any burger.
Dining Alone said…
I think that looks delicious and kudos for eating better!

Popular Posts