Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia & Spicy Jicama Slaw




click on photos for a better viewing

Perfect for the hot, hot day

Jicama Slaw
1/2 of a Jicama
1/2 English Cucumber
1/4 yellow pepper
1/2 serrano chili with seeds
1/4 cup red onion
1/2 cup equal parts Mint, Parsley, & Cilantro
S & P
White Balsamic Vinegar

Julienne all veggies toss with herbs, balsamic, S & P
Spicy but so good with the refreshing juicy Jicama

2 six ounce Tilapia Fillets
marinated in lowfat buttermilk and lime juice for 1/2 hour
Dredged in a light coating of 1/2 cup cornmeal, 2 tbs flour, S&P, garlic powder.
Pan fry in 2 tb of Canola oil on high for about 3 minutes each side. Adjust heat as necessary to prevent burning.

The light taste of fish, it's crunchy coating went perfectly with the crunchy spicy slaw. The mint was the kicker in the slaw.

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
I'm SO going to make this for our BBQ today. thanks man!

i started to watch Semi-Pro and, for the first time in my life, was not in the mood for will ferrel. sorry will...i so still love you.
deb said…
yeh i kept walking out the room and picking up my book. he did not capture me either.

ok when you make the salad you can find white balsamice at trader joes. I used quite a bit, its light and you'll find you'll use it on everything. fruit too
Dining Alone said…
This looks so good! I hope you don't mind I added your site to my links.

I have never tried white balsamic vinegar, I will have to search it out!
deb said…
That's great thank you and you'll love the white balsamic. lighter and if you look back a few post ago my daughter & i made a strawberry angle food cake with white balsamic. ;)
Its Tilapia isnt it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilapia
deb said…
oh you're right. oops. thanks
early on I got 'attacked' a few times but I just ignored them and they went away...or maybe they didnt ... 'abuse me bore me but dont ignore me' is my motto......LOL this is a fun hobby for me too and I dont get it when people take this all too seriously or they 'freak out' because of the wierdos...I post pics of my son and I used to be concerned but there really is nothing to fear...we live in NYC for god sakes...
Patience-please said…
Thanks for coming to visit. I can see that I'm going to enjoy your blog! My husband and I both love to cook and eat.

Popular Posts