Sen-su-al

Farmer's Market this morning and look where the Golden Oyster Mushrooms led me tonight....






If you saute' these mushrooms they turn brown. Their lovely golden color and distinct, yet light flavor led me to a mushroom salad at first. Then, I decided on an appetizer of baguette, with local goat cheese, fresh thyme, lightly grated garlic, lemon zest topped with a raw Golden Oyster Mushroom cap, all drizzled with Mad Dog Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Our Farmed raised Fillet was accompanied by a simple Tomato- Onion- Cinnamon Basil salad drizzled with EVOO, S & P. The meal enhanced by Bogle(Local) Merlot. Simple and romantic.

Comments

all of this sounds so tasty but there are two things I dont like raw - spinach because it makes my teeth feel funny and mushrooms even though I eat tons of mushrooms they have to be cooked even the tiniest of bit - its for the same funny feeling on my teeth....so pop one or two of those under the broiler for just a sec and I will gobble them right up - and I wont forget how pretty they are.

the salad photo looks excellent! and the steak is cooked perfect!
deb said…
spinich does leave your dry it's weird. I don't get that with mushrooms. I like em any old way. & Thanks!
Dining Alone said…
It looks DELICIOUS!!! I really need to do more with mushrooms.
deb said…
dog: mouth dry is what meant to say & I've been practicing with the camera and "food styling"(that would be a fun job);)

Dining: If you like them..do. I asked questions at the farmer's market. I want to make a mushroom lasagne this fall (& when I'm lighter) in a bechemel sauce. MMM ;)

Popular Posts