"JaMakin" Me Crazy Banana Pineapple Jam





I needed a Jam fix. I had some really ripe bananas and searched the Internet for a Banana Jam recipe. I got a couple of ideas and then came up with my own. This is straight from the hip. I can't tell you the measurements exact because I eyeballed and tasted for balance. It is more thick, chuncky saucy than Jammy. Either way it's just Outrageously Out of this World good. ;)

Jam 3 ripe bananas, smashed
About 2 cups Frozen Pineapple chunks

In a pot I made the sauce of
about a cup of H2O & about give or take for the rest:
2 cups brown sugar 1 cup white sugar
2 vanilla beans + 1 TB pure extract
juice of 2 limes
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp or more ginger ground
1/2 tsp chipoltle pepper
cornstarch to thicken
cooked for about 10 minutes then added the fruit and cooked for 20 minutes more while I sterilized the jars.

My house smells like Heaven. The Jam is probably one of the tastiest foods I've ever made. It is so outrageously good. I would have added a little dark rum at the end but did not have any. But When I go to pour over Ice Cream again I will reduce some rum down and then pour it over the sauce. The chipoltle hits right at the end at back of your throat. So yes this would be great on waffles, ice creams, banana bread etc.. It's that good. Am I bragging?

Now I have an end of the year gift for the teacher. I'm selling this one to my local bakery. Is that too ambitious and am I bragging again? It's lick the plate good. Yah I'm braggin' so what deal with it!

Cook, Prep time about 35 minutes

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
fricking amazing. OPEN YOUR GD INN!
deb said…
you wanna help? it's got to be a bnb. i cook, you deal with the chickens and the pigs, meg well she can put on the one woman, one act plays. Pat and Kevin can be the maintanance and cleaning staff.
that looks really, really good...but do the bananas get more and more brown....me no likey all brown.

do you need 'word verification' Tanya K why havent you 'schooled' her on this
Yes, sell it to the bakery and to any other restaurant that sells ice cream dessert. It sounds heavenly.
deb said…
db: you know once they cooked in the brown sugar the whole concoction turned an amber color. I had squeezed lime juice on the fruit prior to adding to the hot pot and they were white then.

No you can't be afraid. Make it. It was easy, fun, therapuetic, your boy would LOVE it and I wonder how this might taste on those Gorgozola Crepes of yours???
I am not afraid.

2. it is too red here

3. remove word verification it makes commenting too slow

4. I will think of 4 and maybe even 5 and 6.
mac donalds uses red so customers will eat quick and leave....just sayin'

Popular Posts