Mother Hubbard





I went to cupboard and there was no more flour (biscuits) or Bisquick but, this is what I had so this is what I used to make waffles, that I have been promising to make Meg all week.
And with this weird weather, dark skies caused by the California Fires the gingerbread mix brought us to Fall. Normally, by the end July I am craving my favorite season, Fall.

This was quick, easy, and sure beat going to the store for the makings at $4.79 a gallon.

Followed the box recipe for cake. Put in a hot waffle iron. Heated up some Apple Pie filling that I added cinnamon to and fresh nutmeg. These were tasty in a pinch. But nothing compares to homemade.

I took the remainder of the mix and put 1/2 of the mix in a 9 inch cake pan then the rest of the apple filling, topped with the remainder batter, sprinkled with sugar and baked per the box instructions.

Now my house is permeated with the scent of Gingerbread and not the sad Forest Fire Smoke it has all week.

We're going to top this off with warm caramel and fresh whip topping for dessert later.

Comments

Hi Debby! cute pic of Megan and the cat. :-)
we could skip this awful Summer, and go straight to Fall.
deb said…
i agree! Hi Fernanda!
Sammy said…
does she always have that cat in her arms? that's funny.
I think I have those same square plates....if not I have something ever so similar....good idea on the waffles did they crunch up or come out cake like (either way is good) extra egg will make them crunchy ....
deb said…
i did not use extra egg and wish i had. we're crunchy waffle folks and tender on the inside. they were more on the whimpy limpy side. probably would have worked well to stuff ice cream in. ooo good idea.
deb said…
oh & plates. World Market. You can buy as little or as many as you like.
http://alittlebitofchristo.blogspot.com/

randomslice....

I have 3 years of food and stuff....you should check out some of my old posts.....
deb said…
dog: i liked your potato chip post, the green tomatoes the tamale and the chile eggs.
Dining Alone said…
What a brilliant idea! I love box mixes, I admit to it and I embrace it :)
deb said…
Dining: once in a very great while I'll have one of those (ideas). Box mixes are great. ;) Happy Saturday
Gingerbread waffles!!! yum, yum. I love gingerbread and to make some waffles with that flavour is a great idea! did I say, yum, yum?! :)

Popular Posts