Citrus Chick on a date with Hunky Chunky Blue Cheese Salad


I know how blue cheesy. ha ha.

Marinated the bone in, skin on thighs and breasts in a combo of fresh lemon with zest, lime, thyme, parsley, tamari, dash of chipoltle pepper, and 100% Orange juice for 2 hours. Before popping in the oven I Topped with butter and fresh grated garlic (made a spread).
Roasted at 450 for about 45-50 minutes till beautifully crisp. Basted half way through.

Made a gorgonzola dressing with sour cream, lemon squeeze with zest (cuz I love zest) and dab of mayo & fresh ground pepper. Poured over finely shredded Crispy Iceburg & topped with tomatoes, scallions, avocado & crispy proscuitto.

I think the idea was there it just did not wow me. I think I'm getting to0 focused on the pictures lately which did not excite me either this time. The salad dressing and salad was really, really good. The chicken I dunno?? It lost it's flavor and it was not overcooked. The family like it. I'm my own worst critic. Hmmm may have been the butter garlic spread. Because I have made this before and it's always really tasty. MAYBE it was a bad bird. Or maybe, just quite possibly it was me. nooo

I think sometimes I should not watch Paula Deen while working out on the Treadclimber. I did 50 minutes on that puppy before putting the chicken in. There was no butter in the plan when I first marinated the chick! Kind of defeats the purpose. Well good thing I burned over 600 calories + I only at 2 bites of chicken but all the salad. Something about Lemon and Gorgozola together. Yum

Comments

Tanya Kristine said…
Mmmm...m! that looks delish. whenever i'm hammered, i seem to chow on chicken and dressing. most of the dressing ends up on my face, shirt & menu. :)
deb said…
chicken is good for your liver. the cistine in it.

make the gorgonzola dressing. the lemon juice thins out the sour cream and really balances out the blue cheese. Yummmmmmmmm don't forget the zest of the lemon!!!
amandalouden said…
Looks delicious!

Popular Posts